Re: Dual boot

John Callaway wrote:
I have a new DELL laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 OS. Will I
have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
computer and make it a dual boot?

Yes you can have Win7 and XP in a dual boot situation. I did it when
Win7 was in beat and didn't have any problems. Though there's just one
thing to keep in mind, and will make things a lot easier in the long
run. Install WinXP first, then Win7. But if you're buying a new pc
that has Win 7 already installed, then go by this tutorial to dual boot
with xp and 7.
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

Although it says it's for Vista, the same steps will apply for Win7.

  • Re: Dual boot
    ... Win7 like WinVista should allow for a Dual Boot. ... So, No Conflict. ... have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Boot from either hard drive?
    ... operating systems on one hard drive? ... (I think this is called dual boot, ... I would suggest that you should use a separate hard disk for the Ubuntu ... install, to minimize the interaction with the XP install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista/7 permissions for script?
    ... OEM Win7 yet. ... I assume the first boot environment is Windows PE, ... image's boot partition to a larger partition in a larger hard drive -- it ... After writing the install DVD I repartitioned ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: LTspive IV probs
    ... It works on win7. ... Not using Win 7; using Win2K. ... I doubt if any modern software distributions are tested to install on anything earlier than WinXP so you are on your own with Win2k. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 10 reasons why Windows XP will be around a while
    ... a basic install of Win7 is 9 GB! ... Panel) the system will then be reasonably usable. ...