Re: Location of account user data

Thanks, Anton-
Your suggestion almost worked, but - it turns out that the reference and
directions apply to Server2003, not XP. However, using the article as a
guide, I looked for XP solutions. The answer is you can move the "My
Documents" folder for a logged in user by right clicking the My Documents
icon, which permits you to move it and all it's contents. The reference
article is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555308/en-us

Thanks
Dave

"Anton Pegan" wrote:

Hi Dave,

You can change the local profile path in the registry or on user properties.
You can find the registry setting in (Start/Run/regedit):

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList/{SID}/ProfileImagePath

Or change the user properties:

1.Click Start and right click My computer

2. Click Manage

3.Open Local Users and Groups and User

4. Right click appropriate user and select Properties

5. Select the Profile tab and change Profile path to appropriate one
(d:\my_profile)

For more information, take a look at the following articles:

How to assign a home folder to a user

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816313

How to Set the Path for the All Users Profile

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214653

How to Create and Copy Roaming User Profiles in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314478

Regards,

Anton Pegan

"dave" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would like to put my account user's data on a secondary drive, but don't
know how. It is automatically set up on the boot drive. How does one
control
that.

.