Re: Location of account user data

Thanks, Anton-
Your suggestion almost worked, but - it turns out that the reference and
directions apply to Server2003, not XP. However, using the article as a
guide, I looked for XP solutions. The answer is you can move the "My
Documents" folder for a logged in user by right clicking the My Documents
icon, which permits you to move it and all it's contents. The reference
article is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555308/en-us

Thanks
Dave

"Anton Pegan" wrote:

Hi Dave,

You can change the local profile path in the registry or on user properties.
You can find the registry setting in (Start/Run/regedit):

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList/{SID}/ProfileImagePath

Or change the user properties:

1.Click Start and right click My computer

2. Click Manage

3.Open Local Users and Groups and User

4. Right click appropriate user and select Properties

5. Select the Profile tab and change Profile path to appropriate one
(d:\my_profile)

For more information, take a look at the following articles:

How to assign a home folder to a user

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816313

How to Set the Path for the All Users Profile

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214653

How to Create and Copy Roaming User Profiles in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314478

Regards,

Anton Pegan

"dave" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would like to put my account user's data on a secondary drive, but don't
know how. It is automatically set up on the boot drive. How does one
control
that.

  • Re: Location of account user data
    ... You can change the local profile path in the registry or on user properties. ... You can find the registry setting in: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • TS Mandatory Profile Using Group Policy
    ... I am having difficuly creating mandatory profiles for ... I have created the profile set it to ... the TS profile path on the user properties? ...
  • dvd easters l stage illusions enjoy
    ... Al Hastings View profile ... The Generic Bill Page Post Generator ... *Make a reference to David Copperfield. ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • Re: Extended MAPI as NT Service
    ... The other article that I reference was: ... > OutlookR Messages Automatically (via App. ... >> Do I have to create a new Profile? ... >> Using VS6 code samples, I created a new profile in code using ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: TS User Profile Folders Not Being Created
    ... entering the path in AD and clicking apply and then the folder ... profile will be created in the path you specify on first logon. ... automatically when the ts profile path is entered into the AD ... Authenticated Users - Full Control ...