Re: Location of account user data

Hi Dave,

You can change the local profile path in the registry or on user properties.
You can find the registry setting in (Start/Run/regedit):

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList/{SID}/ProfileImagePath

Or change the user properties:

1.Click Start and right click My computer

2. Click Manage

3.Open Local Users and Groups and User

4. Right click appropriate user and select Properties

5. Select the Profile tab and change Profile path to appropriate one
(d:\my_profile)

For more information, take a look at the following articles:

How to assign a home folder to a user

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816313

How to Set the Path for the All Users Profile

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214653

How to Create and Copy Roaming User Profiles in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314478

Regards,

Anton Pegan

"dave" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would like to put my account user's data on a secondary drive, but don't
know how. It is automatically set up on the boot drive. How does one
control
that.

  • Re: Location of account user data
    ... but - it turns out that the reference and ... You can change the local profile path in the registry or on user properties. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: TS User Profile Folders Not Being Created
    ... entering the path in AD and clicking apply and then the folder ... profile will be created in the path you specify on first logon. ... automatically when the ts profile path is entered into the AD ... Authenticated Users - Full Control ...
  • Re: TS User Profile Folders Not Being Created
    ... profile cant be accessed...... ... If I manually create a profile folder access denied errors still ... automatically when the ts profile path is entered into the AD ... Administrator - Full Control ...
  • Re: Folders reverting back to old state HELP!!
    ... You mentioned "rearanges his files, folders and favorties", please ... What profile does this problematic client use, ... Check whether this client uses the Terminal Services User Profiles. ... Would I be on the right track if I took the user profile path from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TS profile locations and type...
    ... "Set path for TS roaming profiles" ... No matter where you specify the TS profile path, in AD or a GPO, it ... And think about all other settings: ...