Re: visual style of login screen

Yeah, that's the window I'm talking about. None of those suggestions change
the appearance of the login dialog itself to the classic style, though. I
tried TweakUI too but it won't set that option either. It may be something
that isn't able to be set.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

This?
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/img/gif_wxp/wxplgn10.gif

The HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT key is used before anyone is logged on or when
nobody is logged on.

How to change the Windows Logon screen saver in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314493

Customize the Windows Logon and Security Dialog Title

Legal Notice Dialog Box Before Logon

Change the Message Shown on the Logon Box

Customize the Windows Logon and Security Dialog Title

"customize logon window" - Google Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=+%22customize+logon+window%22

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:74C19B83-F6F5-4805-A31B-CD824E2A11BF@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
gilmorej <gilmorej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
....In the login screen

"Sammy Castagna" wrote:

In what screen is the big title bar and large X? I have been asking for
help to get mine like windows 95-98 and am now happy with the result.

Sammy

"gilmorej" <gilmorej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The windows classic look takes away the gigantic title bar and oversized
red
X button and makes it look more like Windows 98. The windows XP default
interface looks too cartoonish IMO and I prefer to make it look like
previous
versions of Windows.

"NewScience" wrote:

What do you think is the difference ... since you can't change it ...
how do
you expect it to look?
When I change to Windows Classic style theme, I really cannot see the
difference in Windows Classic theme style and non-Windows classic.

Different buttons, text, color....?

"gilmorej" <gilmorej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yeah, I've got that. I was wondering how you make the "classic" logon
screen
use the "Classic Windows" style appearance.

What I mean is make it look like this setting makes your desktop look:
R. Click Desktop > Properties > Appearance > Windows and buttons >
Windows
Classic style

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

To configure Windows XP to use the classic logon and shutdown screens
for
every logon session, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click User Accounts.
3. Click Change the way users log on or off.
4. Clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

Note If you turn off the Welcome logon screen, you also turn off the
Fast
User Switching option.

from...
How to change the logon window and the shutdown preferences in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291559

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:820D93D1-B87F-4175-B12B-A2DB7E51A4BB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
gilmorej <gilmorej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
First off I'm sorry if this question was asked before but search
seems
be broken.

How can I make the Windows login screen use the "Windows Classic"
style
instead of the "Windows XP" style? I tried playing with a bunch of
the
registry settings in the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel key but
had
no
luck finding which setting was related to this.

Just for clarification, I'm not asking about using the old-style
login
instead of the welcome screen. I'm trying to change the visual
appearance
of the old-style login screen to be the same as my theme which is
set
classic windows style.

Thanks in advance for the help, it is appreciated.