Language again again.

Hi all.

I have a somewhat strange problem with winXP

I've bought a Dell Dimension 9150 with Win XP Media Center Edition
Now for the strange part.
The installation (recovery) of windows XP is in english, and during install
I choose Danish as the language for windows.
After install Windows was running fine with Danish GUI.
I then had a problem with a program and had to reboot in failsafe mode.
After I then rebooted the computer XP had changed the language to english!
In the regional and language settings everything is set to Danish, but alas,
no luck my windows is still insisting on displaying everything in engilsh.

I've read, all over the web, that it is not possible to change the language
layout of WinXP without buying a win version in the desired language, but
never the less that is what have happened to me.
An english WinXP started displaying danish and then switched to english.
So somewhere it must be possible to change the GUI back to displaying danish
but how and where.
Anyone who can help med find out how to do it with out the need to reinstall
everything once again?

Sincerly

/Kenneth

  • Re: Cannot reinstall IE6
    ... you need to have an English version of WinXP with the proper language ... When I tried to install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WIN XP language
    ... Windows XP is written in specific language versions, ... Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install ... setup cannot update your WinXP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Invalid locale ID
    ... >> correct and corresponding language resource has been installed. ... My desired language is danish (locale id ... Well if it's not possible to install the language ... > dir in SQL Server 2005, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: Language again again.
    ... Windows language can not be changed unless the Multilingual Interface ... After install Windows was running fine with Danish GUI. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • How to Change Language and Keyboard from Delphi?
    ... I have installed more than one language in my system. ... WinXP has some new languages support not present in Win2000, ... Anybody can guide me how can I install new language and Keyborad in those ...
    (borland.public.delphi.nativeapi)