Re: Hide View Tab at the Folder Options

I wouldn't recommend actually doing any of this!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder

is the key for Folder Options | View tab.

I have no idea how to hide the tab.

Down load viewfolderrestore.reg, reverse everything and you can make it
empty.

368. Folder Options/View Empty - Restore Now

Or remove all of the checkbox Value Data from the Type Value Names to remove
the checkboxes from View in Folder Options.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D239E30B-B5A0-4244-925A-815694CC89EE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
KF Thomas SHIU <KFThomasSHIU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
Please help to check how to hide the view tab at folder options for
windows xp home edition.

thank you

  • Re: how to run an executable file when Windows wont start
    ... the tab key until the tab ... Database Developer ... I can kind of make my way around with the keyboard, ... supposed to go into the Folder Options and make hidden files visible. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE: Where is folder options?
    ... gecko wrote: ... Tools tab. ... Control Panel --> Folder Options. ... the same issue by someone else will lead to your question/answer and having ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Re: Administrators cant see all folders
    ... > Make sure you can view hidden files. ... > Click Folder Options ... press Control + Tab ... Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
  • Re: some files names are now blue
    ... The blue means the files have been encrypted or compressed by Windows. ... Open My Computer, click on Tools, then Folder Options. ... tab. ... Scroll down and you'll see "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Password protecting shared resources
    ... option to turn off "simple file sharing" in the view tab ... of folder options in XP Home. ... >> unauthorized access. ...