Re: taskbar power options popup menu

Sorry to report this had no effect at all; I'm guessing those popup menu
items are stored somewhere either in one of the windows folders or in the
registry, and have to be altered or deleted to change the popup menu, like
renaming a password to remove the old password prompt in older Windows
versions?
c.

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
All or none.

Open Power Options Properties...
Start | Run | Type: powercfg.cpl | Click OK |
Advanced tab | UNCheck:
Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby |
Click Apply | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Dc56g.35812$cY3.22007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
cronish <cronish@xxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
I have my power options icon resident on my taskbar (in the system tray).
In my regular power
options drop down menu, I have the default options available, as well as
few custom settings. When I left-click the systray icon, the popup menu
shows
those options, but there are multiple instances of my custom settings, so
that the popup menu looks like this:

Home/Office
Portable/Laptop
Now
Always On
Always On
Always On
Always On
Always On
Presentation
Never
Now
Now

I've tried deleting the deleting the custom settings, de-selecting "show
on taskbar" from power options, rebooting, and re-selecting the taskbar
option, but the popup menu still shows the above conflagration. Where are
these options stored, and how do I return the popup menu to just the
choices available in the power options drop-down menu?
thx-
c.

  • WARNING - Long Reply Re: Pop ups keep getting through - and they are driving me NUTS
    ... need to block these with a firewall as a general protection measure. ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ... provide popup messages to users. ... Make sure that you are up-to-date on ALL critical Windows ...
  • Re: Harddisk Problems
    ... To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000 ... Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. ... | Source: Application Popup ... | Application popup: SyncBack.exe - Corrupt File: The file or directory ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • Re: virus? WARNING - Long Reply
    ... connected to the Internet with a title bar reading "Messenger Service", ... need to block these with a firewall as a general protection measure. ... provide popup messages to users. ... Make sure that you are up-to-date on ALL critical Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
  • Re: disabling Internet popup messages
    ... All versions of Windows since.. ... That is an Internet Web PopUp.. ... To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall ...
  • Re: Pop ups
    ... > and as soon as it logs on I get at least one popup. ... scan with HijackThis. ... If you are running Windows ME or XP, ... System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup ...