Re: Changed admin name - how about the corresponding folder in Documents and settings
- From: "Thota Umesh" <thotaumesh@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:25:09 +0530
Hii type [rundll32.exe netplwiz.dll,UsersRunDll] in ur run box that shd open
a user accounts dialog box try changing user name from there. Reset the
gpedit change before u do this.
<keskarsanjit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a laptop running WinXP pro and have no other user other than the
built-in admin a/c. I know how to rename the same to say "John" by
using gpedit.msc (group policy). Doing this does display John's name
above start menu and on the log-in screen (if i tweak it to) but the
folder under Documents and Settings remains 'Adminitrator' and does not
change to John's documents ...
Can this be done without any problems and without adding another user
with admin rights (becoz i can't delete this new admin rights account
later as windows expects one admin user a/c created in addition to the
built in one)
please help or am i just talking impossible gibberish
- Prev by Date: Re: Safe to move "Program Files" folder ???
- Next by Date: Re: How to log in as Administrator?
- Previous by thread: Changed admin name - how about the corresponding folder in Documents and settings
- Next by thread: transparency ?