Re: MSN home page keeps reverting to 'Arabic'

From: siriusbliss (junkdrop1_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:51:22 -0800

I only have English chosen (and listed) in languages setting.
I've flushed out all cookies. No change.
I do not use a hotkey get to the MSN home page.
My MSN shortcut properties does not show any Arabic setting.

I think this is something with MSN itself.

I have two hotmail accounts - one for personal and one for business.
If I log out of one in order to login to the other, it is at this time
that the MSN homepage reverts to the Arabic version. If I login
directly to one of the accounts, my personal MSN homepage comes up just
fine, but if I then logout of one account and login to the other
account, the MSN homepage continues with the Arabic setting, and I can't
locate where/how to change the personal homepage settings like I did
with the main account.

Seems like a MSN thing, since my cookies settings don't seem to make any
difference.

Greg

*****

Sharon F wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:29:11 -0800, siriusbliss wrote:
>

>>Isn't there a default setting somewhere with MSN? I presume not.
>

> PS: If you use an internet shortcut to reach the MSN home page or hotmail,
> check the properties of those shortcuts as well. One or both may be
> pointing to the arabic version of the target site.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is there a patient reader who gives instruction by tiny steps?
    ... and then popups telling me of a Messenger problem connection stumped me. ... You're using MSN software which is separate from Windows. ... I suspect it may be under your user account and that is the .NET ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Is there a patient reader who gives instruction by tiny steps?
    ... and then popups telling me of a Messenger problem connection stumped me. ... You're using MSN software which is separate from Windows. ... I suspect it may be under your user account and that is the .NET ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Big security problem
    ... When I use MSN someone write instead of me... ... > And did you ever tried to use another language beside your own? ... Yeah - your MSN account has been hacked.. ... passwords, like the examples I gave in my post.. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cancelling your music account
    ... It was a subbranch of MSN, which you'll notice is actually still around... ... weren't randomly going to nuke everybody's account. ... It's much like how has my credit card ... So my music and mail charges were being ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Cancelling your music account
    ... across as "wasting that individuals time, and defending the problem itself", ... the person was then quick at helping me cancel my account. ... It was a subbranch of MSN, which you'll notice is actually still around... ... It's much like how has my credit card ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)