Re: bcmsmmsg.exe

From: MR (mr_at_mr.com)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:38:25 -0700

thanks wesley- I did what you said- Yes I have BCM V92 56K modem (com 3 on
the phone & modem options)-I use dial up-So why is it that this caller ID
program (phone tray) is not working?? According to their program settings,
it says "no' as being voice ready- So I guess that is why when someone calls
(telelmarketer for exam), the voice does not zap the call with the
prerecorded message-I tried getting support for this & so far no luck-So ,
then what does having bcmsmmg.exe (its a text doc)mean??
T I A

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/

> >> File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a
> >> modem's driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work
> >> properly. If you will terminate it manually, you will not be able to
> >> use your modem. http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes
> >>
> >> In news:%235fLVVznEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> >> MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Im going to need a new phone, and so will Keith.
    ... If the phone line can convey voice, ... be able to convey any other signals in the same frequency band. ... Has anyone designed a modem that will work with this? ... It ought to be straightforward. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: routing VoIP through a regular phone line
    ... > The only news to me is that voice modems are not capable of performing the ... (sound card to modem) ... intervention (lifting up the handset, eg.) or some software app the ... I think you might be able to build an app that would accept a voice ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Best way to choose modem for dialup?
    ... I was also bluntly told that since FIOS is ... if you want anything other than voice service. ... Desktop modem needs to be Win95 compatible. ...
    (comp.dcom.modems)
  • Re: question about making a call
    ... > I want to use a voice modem to make a phone call and play some wave files. ... > want to play a wave file at 1 second after a person has answered the phone. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: IVR
    ... with this object model) and Windows Sound Recorder ... Windows sound recorder with your modem you need to ... > I want to know why I can't hear voice when answering a call? ... > the voice can be heard the recognition event can be triggered. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)