Re: Mail Icon

Sorry, I don't have Vista so I can't speak to its Control Panel. The Mail icon in my Control Panel (XP) was placed by Outlook.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Dominick D. wrote:
For example, in Vista, you have a mail icon in the control panel. Now, when I go in the control panel in XP Pro, I don't see that mail icon. That's what I mean. I'm trying to configure the exchange server at the place where I work, using their exchange server info.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Which Mail icon are you referring to? The icon I have in Control Panel with the name 'Mail' was put there by Microsoft Outlook.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Dominick D. wrote:
Hello; I have installed Win XP Pro and I noticed that I can't find the mail icon in the control panel. How do I find the mail icon?

  • Re: office 2007
    ... If your version of Vista is 64bit you need to view 32bit control panel ... As said in the MS response Outlook has to have been configured, ... Microsoft Windows XP Click User Accounts, ... I have tried this but there is no mail icon at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: i.e. Error message
    ... Go back to control panel and see if you see the mail icon now. ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Mail Icon
    ... "Leonard Grey" wrote: ... Mail icon in my Control Panel was placed by Outlook. ...
  • Re: mail icon disappeared in Control Panel
    ... XP does not have a Mail icon in the Control Panel unless you have some version of Outlook. ... Mlcfg32.Cpl = Mail and Fax or Microsoft Mail Configuration Library from Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: I just want ONE inbox
    ... enable 32 bit .cpl in Control Panel to see the mail icon. ... ALWAYS post your Outlook version. ... There is a McAffee anti-spam sub-folder firmly attached to the INBOX. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)