Asus A8N-VM CSM MAINBOARD and large ide

In this PC, I already got 4 SATA drives. Now I ma running out of space, so
I brought an Seagate 300GB IDE connect to 2n IDE controller ( already have
optical drives DVD and DVD on 1st one) with cable select. nothing else is
on the 2nd controller.

Booting into XP Pro (with latest updates), login with an admin. acct, try to
set up the disk, I discover I either use basic disk and limit myself to a
max partition size of 28GB or have to use dynamic volume.

Is there another way that I format the entire drive as one big volume. the
SATA drives are using Media shield drivers. I thought IDE can part of the
Raid also but apparently not, it did not show anything about IDE

What can I do?

  • Asus A8N-VM CSM MAINBOARD and large ide
    ... optical drives DVD and DVD on 1st one) with cable select. ... I discover I either use basic disk and limit myself to a ... SATA drives are using Media shield drivers. ... it did not show anything about IDE ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: mixing IDE and SATA hard drives on a FreeBSD system
    ... the info about them being the same as their IDE ... SATA is less reliable thant he scsi drives. ... Most of the first generation SATA drives were actually PATA ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Add an IDE HD to a SATA Vista64 Set-up
    ... Now I have an IDE HD that I would like to add to my set-up. ... adapter I can use that is compatible with Vista? ... New SATA drives are better than any IDE so my advice is this: ... Bad boy yardies are supposed to know how to get rid of bodies. ...
  • Re: Upgrading - Any comments on the following?
    ... Read the specs very carefully on the IDE& SATA drives as well as the ... You will find that speed of rotation is not necesarily ... It had an A: prompt. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Dell/Linux vs. Apple Xserve for file server?
    ... >> As much as I like Apple for desktop, they're a bit spendy for server ... Based on what I have read so far, SATA drives perform slower than IDE drives on ... outboard RAID controller). ...
    (comp.unix.admin)