Re: System Restore

From: JamesJ (jjy_at_adelphia_darwin.net)
Date: 12/04/04

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:36:53 -0500

Access is denied to System Volume Information. I didn't
disable SR although I believe I did cut it back to 5%. Disk
space is no issue.

James

> Hi
>
> The _Restore folder is a sub folder in System Volume Information, which
> holds all the SR files. It is a hidden folder so you will have to show it
> via Windows Explorer:
>
> Tools>Folder Options>View - then enable 'Show hidden files and folders'.
>
> If that option is already enabled, have you disabled System Restore?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>> This isn't the first time I couldn't restore my system. Initially,
>> I was using a themes manager, 'cause I liked all the bells and
>> whistles and I was unable to save themes in the Display Properties. I
>> wouldn't
>> get any error messages but when I went to ...My Documents
>> (which from my understanding is were, by default, one's theme is
>> saved when one clicks the Save As button) there was no theme in that
>> folder.
>> Doing a search of my entire hard drive I found the theme in My Recent
>> Documents,
>> a folder I don't have anymore after I formatted my hard drive and
>> reinstalled
>> a fresh copy of XP. I formatted after uninstalling the themes manager
>> and found the problem still existed. I posted the question concerning
>> the
>> inability to save themes and was told to try restoring to a restore point
>> using
>> System Restore.
>> It really wasn't a big deal I usually format once a year.
>> I don't recall what the problem was this time when I was reinstalling all
>> my software.
>> This last time I didn't format. Everything seems to be fine now except
>> for a
>> couple of issues like: I used to have a folder called _RESTORE now I
>> don't. I used have
>> a folder called ...My Recent Documents now I don't. I'm a bit hesitant to
>> use a
>> themes manager which I have already purchased a registration for.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> What was the original problem? Perhaps SR wasn't the way to correct it.
>>> System Restore shouldn't be disabled as it can save your system and
>>> restore it to a working system.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: System Restore
    ... James ... > The _Restore folder is a sub folder in System Volume Information, ... > If that option is already enabled, have you disabled System Restore? ... >> It really wasn't a big deal I usually format once a year. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore
    ... James ... > The _Restore folder is a sub folder in System Volume Information, ... > If that option is already enabled, have you disabled System Restore? ... >> It really wasn't a big deal I usually format once a year. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: System Restore
    ... James ... > The _Restore folder is a sub folder in System Volume Information, ... > If that option is already enabled, have you disabled System Restore? ... >> It really wasn't a big deal I usually format once a year. ...
  • Re: System Restore
    ... The _Restore folder is a sub folder in System Volume Information, ... It is a hidden folder so you will have to show it ... If that option is already enabled, have you disabled System Restore? ... > It really wasn't a big deal I usually format once a year. ...