RE: Out of memory for image display

To read microsofts opinion,try kb555223
Also,usually the page file gets set to a "custom amount" by default,if you
had
set it to "let system manage" it would have increased....

"Nobody" wrote:

I normally have 2GB of RAM but just now I am testing the four sticks by only
inserting one 512K at a time. Now I thought that if XP required more
memory it would use its page file and if the page file was not large enough
it would increase it automatically as long as the default settings were in
place.

Today I tried to open an Outlook 2007 email which contained a 650K photo
attachment. I got a message from my viewer which is IrfanView:

D:\IE temp files\Temporary Internet
Files\Content:Outlook\Beemer_20080408_6533_email.jpg : Decode error !

Error: Can't allocate memory for result image(s) !
Out of memory

Are there certain applications which must use RAM and not paged memory?

regards,

Beemer

  • Re: Alpha remembrance day
    ... Consider such projects as trying to scan in numerous photo albums a page at a time, at fairly high res so as not to lose the detail in old photos. ... Sometimes there arise cases where it is easier to have the whole shmear in memory at once than to deal with the boundary conditions. ... While existing apps perforce don't try to keep several gigs of video in memory at a time, I think from articles I see now and then that the problems of photo editing have occurred to a good many, and suspect there will occur other apps in the video space where designers will be ... So I suspect there are a number of folks who have noticed their memory limitations and that the 32 bit limitation is already limiting what they can do. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Photo vs. all-in-one printers
    ... memory not to notice, ... I've set up several HP business AIO devices and have been impressed ... The setup took forever. ... The HP AIO photo printer looks interesting and the price is right. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: PS memory/disk space bug: more info
    ... this is not a problem that is in any way related to disk space or memory shortage. ... The only difference between this succesfull PS file, and the one that failed before, is that on the old situation I updated the movement for *every* photo. ... The "idea" behind Photo Story was to use the capabilities of modern ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Microsoft Photo Editor
    ... You receive a "Not enough memory" error message when you print from Photo ... "Not Enough Memory" Error When Printing from Photo Editor ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: PARADISE LOST: Debunking Cantors theory
    ... I have looked again at that photo. ... memory and processors (two processors, one main processor and an I/O ... console and console switchboard. ... compiler was modified so that compiled programs would not use that place. ...
    (sci.math)