Re: Error Message in shutting down

"gjmarks" <gjmarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1D908C75-70B9-4A24-A0C8-90B914DCA93C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone help. Every time I shut down my computer I get an error message
it is the following The instruction 0x66869b97 or 0x69532777 Referend memory
@ 0x00000020 the memory could not be read click okay to terminate program.

I am aware that the some of the information could be off by a letter or so
because it is not on the screen very long. Can anyone help with this issue.
Thank you.

Gary Marks
--
gjm

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

.