Re: Error Message in shutting down

"gjmarks" <gjmarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1D908C75-70B9-4A24-A0C8-90B914DCA93C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone help. Every time I shut down my computer I get an error message
it is the following The instruction 0x66869b97 or 0x69532777 Referend memory
@ 0x00000020 the memory could not be read click okay to terminate program.

I am aware that the some of the information could be off by a letter or so
because it is not on the screen very long. Can anyone help with this issue.
Thank you.

Gary Marks
--
gjm

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

  • Re: Please help!!! (restrictions on comp)
    ... while I am using the administrative account. ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
  • Re: CPU Processes
    ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Some pages do not open
    ... I'm facing a strange problem: some sites do not open in my IE6. ... I thought it was a problem in the browser files and decided to format the notebook and install Vista Business. ... Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these Web pages. ... All MS-MVP Sites. ...
  • Re: Internet Searches get re-directed to other search engines
    ... Incidentally - i have tried using restore to go back in time but it says it ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE has encountered a problem and needs to shut down
    ... ModName: unknown ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...