Re: XP SP2 and MS Word 2003 shuts down computer

"Riikka" <Riikka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ABD4AE7B-4CAC-437D-9D75-EFBA328CC6C9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I uodated yesterday my Windows XP by Service Pack 2. Today I started to
write with MS Word. When I had typed couple of lines, the computer froze and
the screen became black. I tried it many times and always the result was
same. Why is it doing like that and waht can I do?

Hopefully someone could help me :)

- Riikka Kivekäs

Check for malware.
Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
(http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
(http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
(http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html)
(http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

.