Re: Default to Shutdown on exit ?
- From: . <no@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:41:53 +1000
I went with shutdown -s -t 3 -c "Shutting Down Now"
Had some trouble initially because I called the batch file shutdown.bat
(causing an endless loop). I renamed it to shutdown_now.bat and placed a
short cut to it on the desktop. I added a short cut key to it so I can
shutdown in one step. I'm happy now :-)
There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this - i suppose you could either do.
as Kerry said for a quick shut down or alternatively make a batch file and
place it somewhere convenient (desktop, quick launch, start menu).
Isn't there any way of changing a registry entry or something
so that when the 3 choices pop up (Standby, Turn Off, Restart)
it defaults to Turn Off ?
Here are two posibilities maybe more as well.
1) Control Panel, Power Options, Advanced tab, Set it Shutdown when I
press the power button on my computer.
2) Some BIOS' have a similar setting. You'll have to look in your
computer or motherboard manual for how to change this.
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't Remove Folder Tasks Panel on Desktop
- Next by Date: Re: Font
- Previous by thread: Re: Default to Shutdown on exit ?
- Next by thread: Re: Can't right click desktop