Re: Changing File Type Name

Keep in mind that some servers are smart enough to realize that people will
do this. Some will ignore the extensions and actually read file headers to
determine if it is an executable or archive.

"Malke" <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Geshem wrote:

I need to send some exe files via e-mail, and the recipents can't open
them. how do I change the ending of the file name ? (zip also won't do)

I'm assuming that what you really mean is that the recipients' email
servers
won't allow .exe attachments into the system.

First make sure you can see the extensions from Folder Options>View tab.
Then right-click on the file and choose "Rename". You'll get a warning
about changing the extension - go ahead change it to something innocuous.
Include a "read-me.txt" file or instructions to change the extension back
to .exe in the email.

If this isn't what you meant, please post back with a better description
of
the problem.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
    ... FP extensions are available for Windows based servers running IIS and Unix/Linux servers running ... To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see: ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: we80.cnf
    ... Ron: Thank you. ... Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage) ... file, Yahoo's servers are Unix. ... such file or folder" - your Frontpage extensions need to be ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: TXT or HTML? -- IE NEW BUG
    ... Subject: TXT or HTML? ... > IE doesn't recognize the extensions of files, ... clients are trusting remote server code, and servers trusting remote client ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Files published via WebDAV wont show up in FrontPage 2003
    ... Can you open the site directly in FP via http? ... they are hidden FP extensions files. ... Also _vti folders are never published or copied between servers / locations as they are unique to ... IIS also servers the files correctly via HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
    ... I can change my ISP to an ISP ... by all users (who have current, up-to-date browsers ... ... FP extensions are available for Windows based servers ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)