Re: Changing File Type Name

Keep in mind that some servers are smart enough to realize that people will
do this. Some will ignore the extensions and actually read file headers to
determine if it is an executable or archive.

"Malke" <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Geshem wrote:

I need to send some exe files via e-mail, and the recipents can't open
them. how do I change the ending of the file name ? (zip also won't do)

I'm assuming that what you really mean is that the recipients' email
servers
won't allow .exe attachments into the system.

First make sure you can see the extensions from Folder Options>View tab.
Then right-click on the file and choose "Rename". You'll get a warning
about changing the extension - go ahead change it to something innocuous.
Include a "read-me.txt" file or instructions to change the extension back
to .exe in the email.

If this isn't what you meant, please post back with a better description
of
the problem.

Malke
--