Help with service pack two problem

Just installed SP2 on a pc running xp home. All went well until rebooted
when it says you must activate to log on - clicked ok to activate and it
loads the windows activation screen then says that it is already activate
and logs back off, tried logging on again and same thing happens.

Tried uninstalling sp2 in safe mode and says it can find a file and won't
uninstall. Tried system restore but won't have that either.

Any help would be much appriciated before i lose more hair over this
machine.

Tom

  • Service Pack 2/Shell32.dll/XP Re-install cd
    ... I installed SP2 on my computer and it was downhill from there. ... After the install I could no longer open any files except for the control ... panel but even then I couldn't remove SP2 nor do a System Restore. ... should also mention that I finally was able to log in in the safe mode and do ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet connection problems
    ... Try uninstalling SP2 and see if that fixes your problem. ... > was working fine until I installed SP2 but now this is what happens ... > problem by disconnecting then reconnecting but in the last couple of days ... I've contacted TPG (my ISP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • SP2 Problems
    ... I tried uninstalling SP2 in the recovery ... and now i get an error saying that winsrv can ... >I installed SP2 a couple of days ago, ...
  • Printing issues with SP2
    ... I recently installed SP2. ... My operating system is XP Home ... uninstalling SP2 the computer recognized the printer as ... the underlying problem? ...
  • SP2
    ... Installed SP2 from microsoft website. ... been able to remove it in safe mode. ... I have an Nvidia video card, ... video capture card and a soundblaster audigy sound card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)