Re: Keyboard fault

I was looking at Regional& language options but I have now found that when I
clicked details there was the keyboard with the language option.
All clear now
Blair

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Ken Blake told you what to do.

All keyboards are identical except for what is painted on the keys.
Therefore someone has to tell windows that the keys are painted in UK
setting so it knows to give @ for Shift + 2 rather than ".

So tell us exactly what you did and exactly what you saw to check the
settings. That dialog has two panes. If English - UK or English - UK
Extended isn't listed you clik Add to add it.

----------------------
How to lose a war in Iraq
http://webdiary.com.au/cms/?q=node/1335#comment-48641
"Blair" <darrach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am in UK and the language is set for English
But on the keyboard there is no setting for language or country
Shift +2 gives @ and @ gives "
I don't know which country the keyboard was made for but since it is sold
by
PC World I assume that they would only buy for the UK market
Blair

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
What settings. We can't see them. What country are you in. What country
was
the keyboard made for. You specify keys in their unshifted state so what
key
are you talking about - Shift + 2?

----------------------
How to lose a war in Iraq
http://webdiary.com.au/cms/?q=node/1335#comment-48641
"Blair" <darrach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I spoke too soon. I had assumed that once I had carried out the operation
all would be sorted. However when I visited him the settings were correct
but still the wrong sign remained
Blair

"Will Denny" <willdenny@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Glad your problem has been sorted out.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Blair" <darrach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks to all who replied. I'm apologise for not stating that I was
from
UK
It's all sorted now
Blair

"Will Denny" <willdenny@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi

The guy is in the UK - Shift + 2 gives "

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Andrew Murray" <NOadmurraySPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Shift+2 for the "@" symbol is the normal way to type that
character.

If your friend is thinking pressing Caps Lock will enable the 2nd
charcters of the numeral keys (like the caps lock makes all the
letters
uppercase), he is mistaken. The "Caps lock" doesn't work on the
number
keys across the top of the keyboard - the caps lock is for alpha
characters only.

It is not a fault.

"Blair" <darrach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use "