Re: Has someone been on my computer?

Hi Neil,

Run the event viewer (click start/run, type eventvwr.msc and click ok). If
you have WinXP Home, check the security section for logon events. If you
have Pro, you would have had to previously enabled logging of this event,
however just poking around should tell you if someone was using the system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Neil" <Neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have suspicion that someone was on my laptop. Does XP have a way for me
check and see if someone was on my computer?

  • IE6 JavaScript Web Page Display Issues
    ... I recently installed all the latest security patches for IE6 on all our home ... PCs which run different flavors of Windows (WinXP Home Ed. and Pro., SP2, ... Win2000 Pro, and Win98SE), and am now experiencing a perplexing browser issue ...
  • Re: Home Network Probs
    ... >> security products, like Norton Internet Security or McAfee Internet ... ZA Pro has been setup to allow network comms from ... Now read more about file sharing, between all different versions of Windows: ...
  • Re: Not accessing shares through IR connection
    ... check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - Folder ... On XP Pro with SFS disabled, check the Local Security Policies (Control Panel - ... On XP Pro with Simple File Sharing enabled, make sure that the Guest account is ...
  • Re: I need to change the folder attributes but the changes do not stay
    ... Security dialog will be available on every object in the ... > We are using Xp pro with the service pack 1 installed. ... >>> accounts for the children. ... The folders always show ...
  • Re: Security for Win XP Home
    ... | WinXP Home machine, and have not found anything that explains how this ... And what about local security policies? ... In my opinion WinXP home is worthless, but if you must use it then you ... make sure that all the accounts have passwords. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)