Re: unopend port 80

While troubleshooting uninstall any third party firewall. Don't just disable
it, uninstall it. Then re-enable the Windows firewall. It is just as strong
as any third party firewall for inbound trafic. Once you get the system
working you can reinstall it if you want.

Once you check with your isp to make sure there is no problem run "sfc
/scannow" no quotes. It is a good all round fix in case there is a fault
with windows.

Glen P

"Jakob Schürz" <eisenbahnfan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a Vaio Notebook with XP prof. SP2
>
> When i want to go to internet with an pppoe-connection to my provider i
> can surf about 5 minutes, then the traffic brakes down.
> I can reach https-sites, i can read and send mails and newsgroups, but i
> can´t surf on "normal" http-sites.
> After an reboot it is the same.
>
> It doesn´t matter if i activate or deactivate the windows-firewall or my
> kerio-personal-firewall. It ist allways the same.
> Also deinstallating the kerio-personal-firewall made no difference.
>
> Please help me! I could cry!!!
>
> greetings
> --
> Jakobus Schürz
> mail: eisenbahnfan@xxxxxxxxxx
> --
>
> Soweit im Mail personenbezogene Bezeichnungen nur in weiblicher Form
> angeführt sind, beziehen sie sich auf Frauen und Männer in gleicher Weise.
> Bei Anwendung auf bestimmte Personen ist die jeweils
> geschlechtsspezifische Form verwendet.
> (In Anlehnung an §1 der Geschäftsordnung des Landtages für Wien vom 18.
> Juli 2001)

  • Re: unopend port 80
    ... It is just as strong as any third party firewall for inbound trafic. ... It is a good all round fix in case there is a fault with windows. ... beziehen sie sich auf Frauen und Männer in gleicher Weise. ... geschlechtsspezifische Form verwendet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Help files for installing SP3
    ... SP3 is more organized - less cluttered. ... Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed. ... If you use a third party firewall, disable it and turn on the ... :>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for Service Pack ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP SP3 ??
    ... Before you install, turn off your anti-virus and any anti-spyware programs such as Windows Defender. ... If you use a third party firewall, disable it and turn on the Windows Firewall in the Control Panel for the installation. ... Once SP3 is in and working, you can enable the third party firewall and turn of the Windows Firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Blocked newspaper reader comments
    ... No third party firewall ... What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... set some security setting in ie that blocks my ability to read those ...
    (microsoft.public.security)