Re: Vuescan, no uninstall?

Thanks for the reply.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:up%23idcqGGHA.1676@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Kenny,
>
> If it changes nothing, installs nothing, adds nothing to the startup
> group, and does not conflict with other software, then yes you can simply
> delete it. I would rename it for a short time, then delete it if no
> conflicts occur.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Kenny" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Installed a trial version of this:
>> http://www.hamrick.com/
>> Doesn't work with my scanner so decided to get rid of it. Problem is it
>> doesn't have an Uninstall option and doesn't appear in Add/Remove
>> Programs.
>> Their site says:
>> "VueScan changes nothing on your system, installs nothing in your
>> operating system and all other scanner software will continue to
>> function."
>> It simply puts a folder in the root of C:
>> Question is can I simply delete this folder?
>> Using XP Pro with SP2.
>>
>> --
>> Kenny Cargill

  • Re: Vuescan, no uninstall?
    ... If it changes nothing, installs nothing, adds nothing to the startup group, ... and does not conflict with other software, then yes you can simply delete ... > operating system and all other scanner software will continue to ... > Question is can I simply delete this folder? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: A smarter mergemaster
    ... it doesn't easily allow for a mergemaster step since it ... magic when it installs to /etc. ... When there is no conflict, ... merge with the vendor branch ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Cannot remove KB828741
    ... Windows XP SVCPAK1, Brand new installs of O.S. - same results on three ... identical hardware platforms. ... An application conflict found where with 828471 installed causes +COM ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • TPF prohibits win95 upgrades
    ... vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS. ... It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes ... which TPF will not allow. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)