Re: Vuescan, no uninstall?

Hi Kenny,

If it changes nothing, installs nothing, adds nothing to the startup group,
and does not conflict with other software, then yes you can simply delete
it. I would rename it for a short time, then delete it if no conflicts
occur.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kenny" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Installed a trial version of this:
> http://www.hamrick.com/
> Doesn't work with my scanner so decided to get rid of it. Problem is it
> doesn't have an Uninstall option and doesn't appear in Add/Remove
> Programs.
> Their site says:
> "VueScan changes nothing on your system, installs nothing in your
> operating system and all other scanner software will continue to
> function."
> It simply puts a folder in the root of C:
> Question is can I simply delete this folder?
> Using XP Pro with SP2.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

  • Re: Vuescan, no uninstall?
    ... > If it changes nothing, installs nothing, adds nothing to the startup ... > group, and does not conflict with other software, then yes you can simply ... >> Question is can I simply delete this folder? ... >> Kenny Cargill ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: A smarter mergemaster
    ... it doesn't easily allow for a mergemaster step since it ... magic when it installs to /etc. ... When there is no conflict, ... merge with the vendor branch ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Cannot remove KB828741
    ... Windows XP SVCPAK1, Brand new installs of O.S. - same results on three ... identical hardware platforms. ... An application conflict found where with 828471 installed causes +COM ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • TPF prohibits win95 upgrades
    ... vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS. ... It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes ... which TPF will not allow. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)