Re: PHONY INSTALLS

Did you go to Control Panel, Add/remove programs and see if it's on this
list? This is always the first place to check when you want to uninstall
something.

PattyL

"Bruce Stokes" <brumex85@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I was working on a fairly new Dell with XP Home Version. A program called
> Winfixer appeared uninvited and regardles of what I did it finally
> installed
> itself and rooted itself in the registry also. I tried deleting
> everything
> everywhere and it just keeps coming back. In fact, it was impossible to
> delete the .exe file.
> On top of all that I had just emptied the History and the Temp files from
> IE
> Tools Options window and when the program is run on the Scan mode it comes
> up with a whole list of ficticious files and web page addresses which must
> be part of the initial installation to make one think his computer is
> infected with all kinds of junk so he will buy the program.
>
> My question, of course, is how can I get rid of something like that?
>
> Bruce

  • Re: Cant reinstall MS Office Home & Student 2007?
    ... I have Terrible with this Error of Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007. ... the name of program is in Add/Remove Programs in Control panel of Windows ... MS Office '07 is still showing up in Control Panel. ... "This product installation has been corrupted. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: automatic update repeatedly asks to install same patch
    ... Open Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to see if KB835732 is ... If these files match, the update is showing ... Installation") then the update is installed and not being detected ...
  • Re: KB835732
    ... Open Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to see if KB835732 is ... Windows XP. ... Installation") then the update is installed and not being detected ...
  • Re: automatic update repeatedly asks to install same patch
    ... If these files match, the update ... >in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, ... >Installation") then the update is installed and not ...
  • Re: USB drive
    ... First couple of times I tried it on public machines, ... blocked access to my control panel and there were stupid restrictions ... installation so that libraries and stuff would at least have a ... But what really kicked my ass the other day was a "server on a stick" ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)