Re: Administrator logon?

From: Ramesh [MVP] (sramesh2k_at_\REMOV_NOSPAM\.hotmail.com)
Date: 03/20/04

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:09:53 +0530

You can create/change the user account type to Administrator, via Control Panel User accounts.

>> tempory internet/content.ie5/
These folders will be present in each user profile.

>>"no access" flag.
Which files/folders? You may need to take ownership of those files.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
"Bob" <rl@netxn.com> wrote in message news:uzaIg5gDEHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Ramesh,
How do I set up the "user" account to have the same rights as the
administrator. I've tried to do that and have not succeeded. For instance
the administrator can look at the tempory internet/content.ie5/numered
folders, while the user cannot. I want the user to be able to look at the
same files as the administrator. There are a lot of files that the user gets
a "no access" flag.
any thoughts?
Thanks,
Bob
"Ramesh [MVP]" <sramesh2k@REMOV_NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
And that a default user account [other than the built-in Administrator]
would be present.
--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm
"Ramesh [MVP]" <sramesh2k@REMOV_NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
Totally agree to your point, Gordon. But the OP might be referring to his
account [admin equivalent] as they say "I am the only one who uses my
computor". But, I can see your point here.
--
"Gordon" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> [...]
each time as system
>adminstrator. How can I set this up?

it is NOT good practice to use the built-in Administrator
log in for every day use. This is your ONLY way of
accessing your machine if your user log-in goes belly up
short of a repair install. Create a user account, give it
admin rights and THEN do what Ramesh advised. I am
surprised that Ramesh, being MVP did not mention this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I got a virus help
    ... Most Windows users will tell you that this is akin to the "Administrator" account on your PC, but that is not exactly the case. ... Microsoft has attempted to emulate this technique many times, but always fails miserably in its implementation. ... But wait, you say, doesn't Mac OS have that same problem? ... So if you happen to exploit one of them, you can only do what that small, very restricted user account can do... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: in trouble
    ... administrator and I can only see log in as a owner. ... Method 1 - If you have a Vista installation DVD you can ... CompAdmin and create a new Standard user account for your daily work. ... operating system structure. ...
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... DCOM Config snap-in. ... component can only administrator. ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ...
  • Re: Server 2008 adprep
    ... in Windows 2003, when logged on with an adiministrative user account, all programs run with full administrative privileges by default ... The check box "Run this program with restricted access" in the Windows 2003 Run As dialog is a way, as an administrator, to run a single program with "restricted privileges" if you want to. ... The other difference is that with the Windows Server 2003 Run As dialog, you can specify a different user account for the program to execute with, even if you are logged on with an administrative user account. ... when you log on with an administrative user account only one security context is created for that Windows Session and this one has the full administrative rights and permissions. ...
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... The developer of my application has not provided such ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ... I (administrator) can stop this application from ...