Re: rundll32.exe takes 100% of CPU

On Oct 23, 7:33 pm, lightning8060
<lightning8...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Running up-to-date XP Pro with Norton 2008 ...

ThinkPad laptop boots fine with normal CPU usage at startup. Within minutes,
computer slows and Task Manager shows that rundll32.exe is locking up 100% of
CPU capacity. ErrorSmart, RegCure, and my other feeble research have not
solved problem. I cannot seem to find a definitive fix. Any advice
appreciated!

Is the rundll.exe really from windows or is it possibly a virus? click
task manager click on the rundll.exe then click the view button at the
top, select columns and check the command line box near the bottom.
the you can see if the .exe is located in your windows32 program files
or not. if its not from there then its a virus probably. if you have
that google desktop thing it could slow you down too. You can always
start your computer in safe mode and run a virus scan on it. you find
more viruses that way.

  • rundll32.exe takes 100% of CPU
    ... ThinkPad laptop boots fine with normal CPU usage at startup. ... computer slows and Task Manager shows that rundll32.exe is locking up 100% of ...
  • Re: mouse freezing in xp
    ... Drew ... > It doesn't appear to be a CPU issue, as the Task Manager (which I can ... > still open after the mouse has frozen) will show normal CPU usage (i.e. ... > Running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • mouse freezing in xp
    ... It doesn't appear to be a CPU issue, as the Task Manager (which I can still ... open after the mouse has frozen) will show normal CPU usage (i.e. varying ... Running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs ... 512mb (not a huge amount, but my PC has run fine on it for almost 2 years) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • mouse freezing in XP
    ... It doesn't appear to be a CPU issue, as the Task Manager (which I can still ... open after the mouse has frozen) will show normal CPU usage (i.e. varying ... Running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs ... 512mb (not a huge amount, but my PC has run fine on it for almost 2 years) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: mouse freezing in XP
    ... It doesn't appear to be a CPU issue, as the Task Manager (which I can still ... open after the mouse has frozen) will show normal CPU usage (i.e. varying ... Running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs ... 512mb (not a huge amount, but my PC has run fine on it for almost 2 years) Windows XP Home ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)