Windows Update disabled

Error message "Windows Update was disabled by your system administrator".
Article 326686 says to run gpedit.msc. Error msg says cannot find. Search
indicates has been removed from XP Home. How do I enable Windows Update.
Tried reinstal of Explorer but did not help.

  • Re: My computer keeps crashing
    ... "Windows Update Was Disabled by Your System Administrator" Error Message ... "Administrators Only" Error Message When You Attempt to Use the Windows Update ... When I try to install the critical update, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: help me please ?
    ... "Windows Update was disabled by your system administrator" error message ... Doug Knox provides a d/loadable vbscript file that modifies the registry: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: B2TR and Windows Update
    ... I'd resolved the NAV problem and past two days I've done nothing other than ... How To Fix Windows Update in Win/Win ... Where exactly do you get the error message? ... I'd certainly appreciate assistance without going into any complicated ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Unable to Access Windows Update Website
    ... The Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site do not scan ... but i got another error message while ... I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall before installing the file, ... Then download, save, close the browser, and install KB927891 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows Update
    ... I was just trying to Turn on my windows update ... error message "Error 1058: The service cannot be started, ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ... regsvr32 wuapi.dll ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)