Re: how many are left?
- From: Ron Martell <ron.martell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:56:35 GMT
Bacon <Bacon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
is there a way I can check to see how many licenses I have left for xp?
i borrowed my disc for a friend to use, but i get the hunch that he might
have used them all, and i don't want to format->reinstall unless I have any
is there a way i can find out, like online or something?
Read your end user license agreement (Start - Run - EULA.TXT)
Unless you have a Volume License Agreement your Windows XP license is
likely only valid for one (1) copy to be installed on (1) computer.
If your friend (?) has installed Windows XP on his computer using your
CD and Product Key then what you may have done is given him a gift of
your Windows XP license and you may find that you cannot reinstall on
your own machine because of this.
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service
"Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference
has never been in bed with a mosquito."
- Prev by Date: Internet Explorer lost address bar
- Next by Date: Re: how many are left?
- Previous by thread: Internet Explorer lost address bar
- Next by thread: Re: how many are left?