Re: Opening EXCELL (XLS) files in Microsoft Works (XLR)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 21:22:40 +0200, Dries Bezuidenhout wrote:

> By fluke I once succeeded to open an xls (Excel) file sent to me with
> Microsoft Works (xls). I do not have Excel on my PC and would like to
> know the procedure (to open xls files in xlr).
>
> Please help.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dries
> *******

Definitely a fluke. Usually have to open the file in Works. Save it in a
different format and then open the newly saved file in Excel.

There are free Excel viewers available from Microsoft for viewing (but not
editing) Excel files:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

  • Re: xls document in email canT be opened
    ... An xls file is ... an Excel spreadsheet. ... To open it you need to have Microsoft ... Excel, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: why>?
    ... Joe opens the XLS. ... OWC can save stuff locally. ... If they have an Office license, then they'd have Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Excel-Datei in Gedcom umwandeln
    ... > Das kann zwar Gedcom in .xls umwandeln ... >> Sicherlichhaben auch diverse Genealogieprogramme einen Excel-Import ... >> 2 PLAC Musterhausen ... >> aus Excel exportiert wurde, ...
    (de.sci.genealogie)
  • Re: help please : importing many .txt files in a folder to one tab
    ... If you're running an automatic import which would you use .xls ... Gina Whipp ... An .xls is an Excel file, ... Dim strPath As String ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Automatically Import when a file is modified
    ... Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ... As I indicated, the file has a .xls extension, however really is a .tab ... I think I can get around the renaming of the file in an Excel ... I think I can create a macro in Excel that will resave the file ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)