Re: Opening EXCELL (XLS) files in Microsoft Works (XLR)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 21:22:40 +0200, Dries Bezuidenhout wrote:

> By fluke I once succeeded to open an xls (Excel) file sent to me with
> Microsoft Works (xls). I do not have Excel on my PC and would like to
> know the procedure (to open xls files in xlr).
>
> Please help.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dries
> *******

Definitely a fluke. Usually have to open the file in Works. Save it in a
different format and then open the newly saved file in Excel.

There are free Excel viewers available from Microsoft for viewing (but not
editing) Excel files:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN
--
Sharon F