Filter keys on logon desktop (login screen)

From: Alex Stankovic (Stankovic_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/14/04

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 02:22:11 -0700

Hi all,
it's Windows XP SP1 box. I activated filter keys and applied it to logon
desktop (i.e. login screen, the box is on domain so you need to hit
ctrl-alt-del to login) - by mistake, of course.

Now the keyboard input is filtered, it doesn't allow multiple keys action, I
cannot login to the system at all.

Windows shortcut that apparently can toggle the feature (hit right shift key
8 times) doesn't make any difference. The box is a laptop?!

I tried USB keyboards etc. attached but they are also filtered.

Any suggestions? I can boot into WinPE like environment to hack the system,
do you know which files and/or registry keys are responsible for Filter Keys
feaure?

Will also ask IT staff to perform SMS session on it, the other idea is WinXP
Remote Assistance...

Alex ;((((

Relevant Pages

  • Filter keys on logon desktop (login screen)
    ... ctrl-alt-del to login) - by mistake, ... Now the keyboard input is filtered, it doesn't allow multiple keys action, I ... Windows shortcut that apparently can toggle the feature (hit right shift key ... do you know which files and/or registry keys are responsible for Filter Keys ...
  • Filter keys on logon desktop (login screen)
    ... ctrl-alt-del to login) - by mistake, ... Now the keyboard input is filtered, it doesn't allow multiple keys action, I ... Windows shortcut that apparently can toggle the feature (hit right shift key ... do you know which files and/or registry keys are responsible for Filter Keys ...
  • Cygwin SSH and authorised keys
    ... I have access to a windows XP box through cygwin SSH. ... I can currently login ... What do I have to do to be able to log in using keys to make things more ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Opera pain
    ... emacs, vi, are all about keys. ... tab menu instead. ... With Opera, i have to read the titles or small thumbnails. ... in my key macro app (on Windows it's AutoHotkey http://xahlee.org/mswin/autohotkey.html ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: My experiences with a Dell D620 Laptop. Part 1.
    ... Specification of the Dell. ... highlights extra key functions on the keys accessible via the Fn key. ... Powerbook and MacBook screens. ... - There are the usual irritating Intel Core Duo and 'Windows Designed ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)