HELP! What is "Ping:transmit failed,error code 1314" ???

From: Shezza (shezza0_0_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/12/04

    Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:48:55 GMT

    Hi all - I'm getting the following error message when I try to ping
    anything...

    Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Ping:transmit failed,error code 1314
    Ping:transmit failed,error code 1314
    Ping:transmit failed,error code 1314
    Ping:transmit failed,error code 1314
    Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    And I can't connect to anything at all (I'm using a different computer at
    the moment).

    Please help! What is this error code? And how can I fix it??? By the way,
    I'm using Windows 2000.

    Thanks in advance!

    • Re: Problem pinging IPs with 3 digits in all octets
      ... I've tried the following on multiple machines, from Windows 2000 to Windows 2008. ... Pinging 192.168.1.21 with 32 bytes of data: ... For whatever reason, the vendor is able to get the systems to ping properly, but I have access to several networks and none work. ...
    • Re: network config FC4 problem
      ... That sounds like it could be a DNS problem. ... Going by how my Windows network is set up, ... The ping should show responses, ... try pinging someone on the Internet with its specific IP ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • increased TTL time on sun
      ... Sun E420R server,of late when I ping from any ... Windows machine it display more TTL time than when pinging to windows ... Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Connect to Home, Not Office
      ... Trying Remote Desktop and Radmin ... Error message is cant connect to server ... It wont ping LAN IP, but will ping WAN IP ...
    • Re: wireless networking and
      ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Pinging bedroom with 32 bytes of data: ... Ping statistics for 192.168.1.2: ...