Re: making all users an admin of local machine by default

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_nospam-ameritech.net)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:50:39 GMT

If you really want to do it, add the domain users group to the local
administrators group of each machine. You could use restricted groups to do
that with Group Policy as described in the link below, but I believe all
computers need to be upgraded to SP4 as there was a bug preventing proper
use of adding groups before and be sure to do it at the OU level and check
your results so as to not accidentally add domain users to the domain built
in administrators group. If you are not using SP4 it is still worth a try
otherwise you will need to look into using a startup scritp solution using
"net localgroup" or such. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBK/tip5300/rh5319.htm