Re: making all users an admin of local machine by default

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_nospam-ameritech.net)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:50:39 GMT

If you really want to do it, add the domain users group to the local
administrators group of each machine. You could use restricted groups to do
that with Group Policy as described in the link below, but I believe all
computers need to be upgraded to SP4 as there was a bug preventing proper
use of adding groups before and be sure to do it at the OU level and check
your results so as to not accidentally add domain users to the domain built
in administrators group. If you are not using SP4 it is still worth a try
otherwise you will need to look into using a startup scritp solution using
"net localgroup" or such. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBK/tip5300/rh5319.htm

"Mostro" <mostro@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I apologize for having posted in two groups. Was not sure which group was
> more appropriate. My question is, what can I do to make sure that any
user
> that ever logs onto any Windows 2000 workstation on my network is
> automatically an admin locally to that machine. I am hoping to find a
> solution short of making them domain admins. Someone please help, and
thank
> you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Computer Management Security Problem
    ... Check:To view a user's group membership for a domain, use the resource kit utility Showgrps.exe.. ... Users group to the Administrators group? ... either using the Default Domain GPO or a GPO at the domain level to ... By using a GPO at the domain level and specifying that Domain Users are ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: making all users an admin of local machine by default
    ... If you really want to do it, add the domain users group to the local ... administrators group of each machine. ... If you are not using SP4 it is still worth a try ... otherwise you will need to look into using a startup scritp solution using ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Logon Script
    ... Administrators group to let all domain users automatically be local admins when they log on to a computer interactively. ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: making all users an admin of local machine by default
    ... > administrators group of each machine. ... > your results so as to not accidentally add domain users to the domain ... If you are not using SP4 it is still worth a try ... > otherwise you will need to look into using a startup scritp solution using ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)