Re: change PC's DNS settings to dynamic via logon scrip in Nvell environment

Hi,

thanks for your reply, is there not a way that i can put all
adminidtrator details of the loacl PC on a script and the poing to the
NETSH command...

thanks

Dave Patrick wrote:
You might give this a go.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/psexec.mspx

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<alfyalf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Firstly thank you for your reply....

I am aware of this command and it does work if you save it as a batch
file and run it from ie desktop when you are logged on as an
administrator. my question is that i would like to run this command as
a user (with no admin rights) is logging on to the desktop i.e a
script. Is there a way of entering all administrator credntials on a
batch file or vb script to run and then point to the NETSH command to
run and make the required change.

thanks

alf

  • Re: printuientry
    ... you could put it into a logon script. ... The error did not occur as a network administrator. ... I've tried several variations on the command syntax and can not get it ... >> printer is already defined on a "local port", ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: Domain Users to have Local Admin rights
    ... make sure that your script works. ... this computer as local administrator and insert USB drive. ... startup script (e.g. OU policy or Default Domain Group Policy). ... Now close this windows and click on ...
  • RE: Script or Other Method to Reboot
    ... > We need different privileges when using Shutdown command and shutdown the ... > that only administrator will use command to shutdown the computers. ... > we may need to compile the script. ...
  • Re: Cmd Line adding users, Im sure it has been asked but....
    ... I can run it as the domain admin. ... Why not just use the builtin Administrator account as the local ... Just run a script that sets the builtin administrator account name to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin)
  • Changing local Administrator account password
    ... How can I change the local "Administrator" password on some 500+ ... workstations without having to visit each machine. ... Is there a script or ... batch file that can be created and run via GPO in active directory? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)