Re: change PC's DNS settings to dynamic via logon scrip in Nvell environment

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your reply....

I am aware of this command and it does work if you save it as a batch
file and run it from ie desktop when you are logged on as an
administrator. my question is that i would like to run this command as
a user (with no admin rights) is logging on to the desktop i.e a
script. Is there a way of entering all administrator credntials on a
batch file or vb script to run and then point to the NETSH command to
run and make the required change.

thanks

alf

Dave Patrick wrote:
netsh interface ip set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<alfyalf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I need help on this big time, I need to change the DNS settings on
every workstation in a novell environment from static to dynamic using
a script so that it will pick up the DNS address via the DHCP
server...please can you help as this is a big network. Please dont ask
why is the DNS settings is left for manual entry.

Help ?

thanks people

  • Re: making a script
    ... batch command: executed successfully. ... I have used gimp's batch processing only slightly, ... You are using the batch mode to execute a scheme script ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)
  • Re: UNIX tr utility written in vbscript
    ... Does anyone have a trick of combining a batch ... > A batch file can run a VBScript program, and you can pass the name of> the ... > Example.vbs with the following command: ... write a batch script that creates the vbscript file to be called. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Testing for Interactive or Batch Mode
    ... When I run a script from the command line with a command like "gnuplot ... run in batch mode or loaded in interactive mode? ... mode for the duration of any load command, ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot)
  • Re: Windows "Scheduled Task Wizard..."
    ... Do you know any links at Microsoft documents related to the batch file ... command name to get started. ... VB Script and any other Microsoft scripting languages have nice ...
  • Re: Script to remove service
    ... Is there a way to call this in silent mode: batch or vb: ... > Have you looked into sc.exe, the command line tool for managing services? ... > failure. ... >> Could someone please send me a script to remove service, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)