Re: change PC's DNS settings to dynamic via logon scrip in Nvell environment

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your reply....

I am aware of this command and it does work if you save it as a batch
file and run it from ie desktop when you are logged on as an
administrator. my question is that i would like to run this command as
a user (with no admin rights) is logging on to the desktop i.e a
script. Is there a way of entering all administrator credntials on a
batch file or vb script to run and then point to the NETSH command to
run and make the required change.

thanks

alf

Dave Patrick wrote:
netsh interface ip set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<alfyalf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I need help on this big time, I need to change the DNS settings on
every workstation in a novell environment from static to dynamic using
a script so that it will pick up the DNS address via the DHCP
server...please can you help as this is a big network. Please dont ask
why is the DNS settings is left for manual entry.

Help ?

thanks people

.