Re: SUPER HIDDEN FILES PROBLEM

From: Dan Stevenson (leo_at_icdc.com)
Date: 06/15/04

    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:10:33 -0400

    Scott,

    As far as I can tell. I've ran scans from safe mode using both of etrust
    7's scanning engines with the most recent signatures. And I used
    msconfig (although I had to rename it before copying it to the hard
    drive) to check for items that shouldn't be loading. The problems that
    the viruses were causing have stopped (IE and msconfig closing by
    themselves, internet connection dropping, etc.) I also ran a spyware
    scan with spybot. I figured the virus must have modified a registry key
    that prevents msconfig.exe from showing up in explorer but I can't find
    any info on hiding or unhiding individual files.

    Thanks,
    Dan

    Scott Harding - MS MVP wrote:
    > Are you sure that the virus is gone??

    • Re: AntiVirus
      ... implement signatures for new viruses discovered. ... > anti-virus testing laboratories (ICSA Labs, West Coast Labs, Virus ... who employ multiple scanning engines for the same reason that it is ... network location to another. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: windows live security scan beta
      ... Windows Live Safety or whatever they are calling themselves these days ... has one of the lowest virus catch rates in the industry. ... Real-time Anti-Virus Scanning Engines. ...
    • Re: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?
      ... > Is virus updates FASTER than Sophos or Trend Micro? ... The issue of getting newer signatures. ... Clam gets the newer ones. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor
      ... have signatures this does not apply since they DO detect these ... >you don't want to run servers, ... Got a virus? ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor
      ... have signatures this does not apply since they DO detect these ... >you don't want to run servers, ... Got a virus? ...
      (alt.computer.security)