Re: SUPER HIDDEN FILES PROBLEM

From: Dan Stevenson (leo_at_icdc.com)
Date: 06/15/04

    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:10:33 -0400

    Scott,

    As far as I can tell. I've ran scans from safe mode using both of etrust
    7's scanning engines with the most recent signatures. And I used
    msconfig (although I had to rename it before copying it to the hard
    drive) to check for items that shouldn't be loading. The problems that
    the viruses were causing have stopped (IE and msconfig closing by
    themselves, internet connection dropping, etc.) I also ran a spyware
    scan with spybot. I figured the virus must have modified a registry key
    that prevents msconfig.exe from showing up in explorer but I can't find
    any info on hiding or unhiding individual files.

    Thanks,
    Dan