Re: RRAS and Passive FTP.

From: Jim.J (sam_at_mxweaver.com)
Date: 06/12/04

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:27:04 +0100

Thanks for the reply, i realise i can edit IIS to restrict the ports but i
still willl need about 2000 open to allow for this busy server. I started
the Aplication layer gateway but it made no difference. Passive FTP was
still blocked by RRAS. Do you have a link to a specific kbase related to
passive FTP and RRAS or anything that can help me? Thanks again.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_RRAS-Ch2-Adv_16.htm

> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810639
>
> --
> -Pawan [MSFT]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Closing ports
    ... juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx (Juergen Nieveler) wrote: ... now is to close all unused outgoing ports. ... and passive FTP was a hasty add-on to deal ... Closing outbound ports can enhance security, but not being able to do ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • NATD and Passive FTP
    ... I'm trying to get a passive ftp server running and failing miserably. ... I've forwarded all ports on the ADSL router so it's effectively in DMZ ... mode (it doesn't actually have a DMZ mode but forwarding 1-79, 81-9999, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • RE: Open All Outbound Ports?
    ... A pretty good explanation of Active vs Passive FTP. ... Subject: Open All Outbound Ports? ... discovered this, after only 1 week on site :-( As a server engineer, I've ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • i need Ports for 4.8
    ... I am trying get Ports for my jailed FreeBSD 4.8 virtual host and I'm using ... I choose Passive FTP and use the ftp.freebsd.org ... FTP server. ... It will let me input any address I want does anyone know an address to get Ports ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Download
    ... use passive ftp or some port of your ports may be blocked by the ISP ... Try switching to passive ftp first, or if that is they way you ... start checking ports and your ISP's policies. ...
    (freebsd-questions)