RE: print spooler stops or hangsup on 2000 server

From: Yuri (Yuri_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:01:03 -0700

Yes, this hotfix is planing to be included in SP5. However, unless the
symptom you received is SAME as what described in this article. You may use
some other methods to troubleshoot this problem. See this article:

How to Troubleshoot Windows 2000 Printing Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260142

"Marc Freshley" wrote:

> We have a server running 2000 server and we have been
> having problems with the print server stopping or getting
> hung up. If you stop and start the service it works it's
> way out again. What is causing this? I read something
> in a knowlege base article 816972 that said they have a
> hotfix for this. Was this fixed in later service packs?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: patching
    ... Always test service packs before putting them into production. ... >> A Hotfix is an update, issued to fix a specific problem that somebody had ... >> NEVER get a hotfix/SP/Security pack from any other source than Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: KB831464 will not install
    ... Exchange service packs are cumulative. ... mailbox after they apply a hotfix or a service pack to Exchange Server ... Install Windows 2003 SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • SBS 2003 SP2 backup failed with error creating volume shadow copy
    ... Symptom is exactly as described in hotfix 907875. ... However as SP2 already included fixes for 907875, ...
  • Re: Where to download hotfix 830004
    ... Hotfixes do not receive the level of regression testing as service packs and ... other public updates. ... hotfix will break something else; you use it at your own risk. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • hotfix - updates
    ... updates regarding drivers or hotfix or service packs - ... can these be obtained on CDROM? ...