use cat5e cable direct connect computer to printer

I am wondering if I can use the Ethernet printer direct connect computer to
printer. The CAT 5e male to male cable is suppose used for networking
printer to connect printer to a hub.
I bought a printer and I do not have USB A/B cable on hand. So I try to use
CAT 5e Cable.
I have problem when I install the drivers. I do not know how to enter the IP
address
information.

Thanks for help

  • Re: use cat5e cable direct connect computer to printer
    ... The CAT 5e male to male cable is suppose used for networking ... CAT 5e Cable. ... When you configure a network printer you normally add a _local_ printer and then create a new local TCP/IP port, which you then configure with the IP address of the printer. ... You'd need to know the IP address of the printer, which you'd normally set using a control panel on the machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: HELP: External 250G USB screwed with GParted
    ... I can remember some 2 pair cable use for POT connections, but every networking application was 4 pair. ... Now, there is a difference a physical difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5, but it has more to do with how the pairs are twisted together then the number of wires. ... (Each pair has a different twist rate.) ...
    (Fedora)
  • using the Ethernet printer direct connct computer to printer
    ... I am wondering if I can use the Ethernet printer direct connect computer to printer. ... The CAT 5e male to male cable is suppose used for networking printer to connect printer to a hub. ... I have problem when I install the drivers. ...
  • Re: Vista-to-Vista new plan still wont work
    ... How do you connect those Liveboxes? ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... switch are Cat 6, the one from the switch to the Livebox is Cat 5E. ...
  • Re: Print on metal
    ... Epson printers are divas. ... drivers, expensive to maintain and feed, and often non operationnal. ... Dont print everyday, get more head ... warm and the cat will be happy to pose for a scan. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)