Re: Win2003 not listening for NTP on Port 123

> Windows Server 2003 is not an NTP server.

That does not seem right. The Unix servers see the Win2003 box (with
the PDC role) as a stratum 1 NTP source. Their NTP daemon recognizes my
other Win2003 DC as a stratum 2 NTP server. Those are syncing fine.
Win2003 is acting as an NTP server.

Is the port not actively listening because the service is on UDP?

J Wolfgang Goerlich

  • Re: Bluetooth GPS for timekeeping?
    ... Frank> Well, you wouldn't want to run a stratum 0 NTP server on this, ... Frank> but it's probably plenty good enough for a human being. ... Hrm. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: NTPD concurrent clients limit
    ... If you have an application that needs NTP server ... own NTP servers or negotiating deals with other service providers in ... stratum 1 or stratum 2 or the pool servers are designed to meet the ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: NTPD concurrent clients limit
    ... If you have an application that needs NTP server sources requiring those kinds of volumes you should be deploying your own NTP servers or negotiating deals with other service providers in those countries that you will be delivering your services. ... Neither the stratum 1 or stratum 2 or the pool servers are designed to meet the needs of high-volume private applications. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • NTP server config
    ... i am trying to configure ntp server on solaris 9 with stratum 3 level. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Can I disable "stratum N+1 server" function for NTPclient ?
    ... a stratum N ntp server could act as a stratum N+1 ntp server itself. ... I wonder whether I can configure the NTP client to work in "client ... You start by totally plugging NTP's ears with "restrict default ignore". ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)