Cable modem network connection will not disconnect.

From: MS (
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:37:19 +0100

I have broadband (cable not ADSL) and for some reason my cable modem
network connection will not disconnect -- I've been using the same
broadband service for 3 years and have always been able to 'disable' the
connection before, which I do almost every night. Now when I try to
disable the connecting I get this error:

"Error Disconnecting -- It is not possible to disconnect at this time.
This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system

Ideas to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Running Windows 2000 Server SP4 - no new hardware has been installed for a
long time.