Cable modem network connection will not disconnect.

From: MS (matthews_at_mailsnare.---nojunktakeout---.net)
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:37:19 +0100

Hi,

I have broadband (cable not ADSL) and for some reason my cable modem
network connection will not disconnect -- I've been using the same
broadband service for 3 years and have always been able to 'disable' the
connection before, which I do almost every night. Now when I try to
disable the connecting I get this error:

"Error Disconnecting -- It is not possible to disconnect at this time.
This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support
Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system
account."

Ideas to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Running Windows 2000 Server SP4 - no new hardware has been installed for a
long time.

Thanks,

MS

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fixing or REPLACING I.E.6
    ... Also, it may be that your connection setups need to be adjusted, as in, ... been idle while on the Internet. ... This is referred to as the Idle Disconnect ... Download the newest version of HiJackThis here: ...
  • Disconnect/Reconnect (was: phpMyAdmin)
    ... In MySQL ist es so, daß die Connection einen besonderen Kontext oder Scope darstellt. ... Ein Disconnect entspricht einen ROLLBACK. ... Das gilt für viele grafische Clients - viele von denen machen nach dem Absenden der Query und dem Lesen des Resultsets einen Disconnect und verbinden sich für die folgende Query neu, darunter auch der MySQL Query Browser. ...
    (de.comp.datenbanken.mysql)
  • Cable modem network connection will not disconnect.
    ... I have broadband and for some reason my cable modem ... broadband service for 3 years and have always been able to 'disable' the ... connection before, which I do almost every night. ... "Error Disconnecting -- It is not possible to disconnect at this time. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Cable modem network connection will not disconnect.
    ... I have broadband and for some reason my cable modem ... broadband service for 3 years and have always been able to 'disable' the ... connection before, which I do almost every night. ... "Error Disconnecting -- It is not possible to disconnect at this time. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Plusnet revised Terms and Conditions
    ... This means that we will disconnect any sessions that ... > connection is in active use, ... > sessions ala dial-up except perhaps to assist in load balancing. ... It's a good thing from a security standpoint. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)