Re: Windows 2000 client problems

From: jazz (aprilo9_at_hotmail.com.nospam)
Date: 06/01/04

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:55:14 -0400

Wich one is the las one? 2000 using active directory might take a little
longer then the 98 client but not near that long.

"Jesus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm a little deperate because of an issue that I've been triying to fix, I
have 9 servers that are running windows 2000 server, with diferent clients,
95, 98, xp & 2000, this las one takes about 15 to 20 minutes to log-in, I've
tried all sorts of things and still not being abble to log in fast, my DC is
locally, PLEASE HELP.

Relevant Pages

  • Customizing Security
    ... authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory. ... The client has a centralized security system that they would like all ... systems and servers to use. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Customizing Security
    ... authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory. ... The client has a centralized security system that they would like all ... systems and servers to use. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Customizing Security
    ... authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory. ... The client has a centralized security system that they would like all ... systems and servers to use. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Backup AD DC does not authenticate when the primary DC is down
    ... DNS is a requirement for Active Directory. ... resolution available for Active Directory to function correctly. ... Having multiple DNS servers specified, is a best practice and is highly ... advised for both your servers and your client machines. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... > network hardware mechanisms. ... The Strong Internal Network Defense ... The client subnet and the server ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)