Re: No USB in device manager

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 11/14/04

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:18:03 -0800

Mike and anyone else,

if you read below, you would have seen that I did mention
that I enabled the ports in the BIOS and still no evidence
at all in the software that the USB ports exist.

In BIOS:

Plug and Play O/S now set to [Yes] rather than [No]

Legacy USB ports [Enabled]

What else is missing? Anyone?

Dimension T550.

>> I have examined the BIOS and enabled them there, and
>> rebooted with no success.
>>
>> I have spent hours perusing microsoft's site and user
>> groups for insight and nothing that I found has brought
>> them to the attention of the device manager.
>>
>> 1) Can I load drivers to get them working?
>>
>> 2) Is there a test to determine if the necessary cards are
>> in place?
>>
>> 3) What do I look for when opening the machine up to see if
>> the USB cards even exist?
>>
>> 4) Why would such a machine come with the ports and no
>> supporting cards for plug and play?
>>
>> Thanks, Joe
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: USB Printer Port Problem
    ... Maybe not the latest drivers, ... I suppose what I was asking is that because the USB controller is a ... There are no yellow question marks listed in Device Manager. ... And how does this compare to un-installing the Ports that the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AHCI - remove probing of ata2
    ... ACPI: bus type pci registered ... registered new interface driver hub ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0 ... hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help interpreting AHCI failure messages
    ... investigate I decided to try putting the root fs on a usb memory stick ... PERCPU: Allocating 57344 bytes of per cpu data ... registered new interface driver hub ... hub 1-0:1.0: 6 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Usb problems on 7.0 RELEASE
    ... Earlier I reported usb problems on this list. ... 686-class CPU) ... <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0 ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: USB ports dont work
    ... The on board USB ports don't work. ... Controllers in Device manager, one at a time. ... two EHCI and four OHCI items showed up. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)