Re: code 31

From: Mike Brown - Process Manager (mikebNOSPAM_at_NOSPAMassetforwarding.comNOSPAM)
Date: 04/20/04

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:48:30 -0500

"ramuno" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:13c501c42652$c65835e0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> MS support site says there is a Windows 2000 "hot fix" for
> a "code 31" error message when trying to install a USB
> device. I couldn't figure out what the hot fix is.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;822568

You have to contact Microsoft to get the patch.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Office 0day
    ... more and continue consulting for microsoft rather than criminal networks. ... to fix the product if it is flawed. ... That is like me trying to argue that after going to a car mechanic, ... "Members of the jury, by keeping quiet about the bug and not shipping a patch, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: In regards to MS IE 6.0 Critical update 834489 - Workarounds do not work.
    ... >> not fix our problems at all. ... >> Microsoft partner, and we depend FULLY on IE. ... >> Each IP video server has HTTP authentication to protect ... >> With this patch basically renders our ENTIRE software ...
  • Re: Immediate Logoff
    ... What I am saying is that there is no magic button that MSFT can push to fix the problem unless you can give them some information, ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... however think it is ironic how it happened from a patch. ... Do you know where I can report this to Microsoft for free? ...
  • Re: Windows WMF Security Flaw
    ... I did see a reference to it and what the fix does. ... this case the "patch" appears to only do a registry change which is a user ... >>> Microsoft is dragging their heels on this one. ... > I'm aware that it is off topic for a home repair newsgroup, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • In regards to MS IE 6.0 Critical update 834489 - Workarounds do not work.
    ... >Microsoft partner, and we depend FULLY on IE. ... >We have a little over 100,000 IP video servers deployed ... >With this patch basically renders our ENTIRE software ... >not fix our problems at all. ...