Re: Audit Logs

From: Matt Anderson (andersonnoapam_at_dynedge.com)
Date: 10/19/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:15:22 -0400

"Joshua" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0e6b01c4b546$b6c0e6d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I enabled the audit logs for object access on the default
> domain policy. I then enabled the audit on the local
> computer. I am having problems finding the entries in
> Event Viewer. The local computer Event Viewer is showing
> dates that go 2 years back but nothing since. Any
> ideas? The hopeful out come would be a place where I
> could check on these logs. Cheers

Check the security logs on your DC.

Matt

Relevant Pages

  • RE: MS Audit logs
    ... Microsoft windows audit logs. ... can set up the log to overwrite the oldest entries as needed (sounds ... 3131 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: MS Audit logs
    ... For gathering the logs I always recommend Snare. ... Microsoft windows audit logs. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Audit Logs
    ... >>I enabled the audit logs for object access on the ... The local computer Event Viewer is ... >> could check on these logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Dealing with BSM Audit Logs
    ... I am in search of tools to deal with audit logs. ... example, I suspect that this noise is from ufsdump/restore, ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: SQL 2000 Lockout?
    ... Yes we do have audit logs and monitor the Failed Attempts but just was ... With SQL Server 2000, there is nothing native to do this. ... If you server is set to Audit Failed Logins, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)