Re: PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER anomalies.

Cristian210273 wrote:

Good morning, W2k gurus!

We have bought two W2k systems, that they told us to be IDENTICAL.
However, we note some different behaviors between them. In particular,
if we print the environment variables, we not that for the "PROCESSOR"
variable types there are the following differences:

FIRST SYSTEM:
------------------------
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0401

SECOND SYSTEM:
-----------------------------
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0304

We have the following questions:

1) Do you know what these variables exactly mean?
2) If yes, can you indicate us where the two systems could differently
behave?
3) If we are out of theme, can you point us to the correct newsgroup?

Thanks in advance!

The most important identification that is needed to determine what
are these CPU's is actually the s-Spec number. This is needed to
reveal the speed of the particular CPU in MHz. That is, 2 different
CPU's with different s-Spec #'s can operate at the same speed and
equipped similarly, in some cases, be said to be "identical". More
data about these CPU's can be obtained once the s-Spec # is known
and referenced to the Intel Specifications Update for its different
CPU's.
.