Re: Time changing back

Thank you making that patch - it worked perfectly on our Domain Controller
so now all our Windows 2000 machines are back to getting the proper time :-)

Best!
Marvin

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <7D0D2D9D-D65E-4B22-948F-E5B508AF6282@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
rocketz21@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
On all our Windows 2000 pcs, if we change the time for dst, it
automatically
changes back about 30 minutes later.

Anyone have any experience or problems with this.

That is because it is synchronizing with some server. You need to use
the inteliadmin patch, or the more basic TZEDIT (after using TZEDIT,
change your timezone to anything else, then change it back so it flushes
out and refreshes all needed keys.)

http://www.intelliadmin.com/DaylightSavingNotice.asp?
File=DaylightSavingFix.exe

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

  • Automatically patching machine with hotfix KB824146 using mbsafu.
    ... I didn't want to spend as many hours patching machines with KB824146 exploit ... Mbsafu is an automatic remote patching tool that applies Security updates ... Download and install mbsa. ... Setup a network share with full privileges for the account you will patch ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Event ID 6161 for HP 6840
    ... patch related to an exposure via the print spooler service. ... download which offers the option of a local port. ... >> There were no problems with the install and the printer works find so long ... >> 3) All machines on the network can connect to the printer via Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services
    ... >> pointing out the danger of opening extra holes in your firewall. ... >that a VPN is a hole in the firewall, albeit generally a mitigated hole, ... >people didn't patch their machines. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO
    ... I haven't tested the last one (memory tuning on 4GB machines) ... * There may be a problem with swapping: ... >> He suggested a patch, but it did not fix the problem. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Problems with MS01-052
    ... I have had 34 reports so far of the patch causing problems on Windows ... machines you're applying it to). ... expected there'd be a world-wide DoS attack against Terminal Services ... Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)