Re: msconfig: permanent changes

The msconfig utility was only designed for temporary and testing purposes. If
you want a more permanent solution, try this:

Here's a freeware utility that you may want to consider using in addition to
msconfig. It, unlike msconfig, can also delete those orphaned or malware type
entries.

Autoruns
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

"Robert" <rbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Yes, I thought of that but I had the feeling that the Utility would start
| anyway and do
| something behind my back - even sit there, invisible, waiting for an answer
| . . .
| Very dubious interface. Why not
| "Do you want to make these changes permanent?" tickbox.
| Thanks anyway.
|
| "David Webb" <dwebb211@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > Next time the dialog window pops up, check the "Don't show this again" box
| > before closing.
| >
| > <rsimpson505@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Can someone tell me how I can make the changes I need in Startup
| > | permanent?
| > | Using MSCONFIG, not the Registry directly.
| > |
| > | The computer always displays the Sys Config Util panel at boottime,
| > | saying I have chosen Selective Start; if I choose Normal my unticked
| > | become ticked.
| > | So a permanent change?
| > | TIA
| > |

  • Re: msconfig: permanent changes
    ... Using MSCONFIG, not the Registry directly. ... The computer always displays the Sys Config Util panel at boottime, ... saying I have chosen Selective Start; if I choose Normal my unticked ... So a permanent change? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Dell Mini handle leak?
    ... permanent or not, never having investigated that). ... "selective startup". ... using MSConfig. ... It should be gone at next reboot. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • msconfig: permanent changes
    ... Can someone tell me how I can make the changes I need in Startup ... Using MSCONFIG, not the Registry directly. ... The computer always displays the Sys Config Util panel at boottime, ... So a permanent change? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: msconfig: permanent changes
    ... and Pegasus, I know we are "expected" to try and experiment, we are given ... But this is just why the software industry has such a lousy reputation: ... Here's a freeware utility that you may want to consider using in addition ... | "Do you want to make these changes permanent?" ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Delete Startup Item
    ... If you had it disabled in msconfig and then deselected it in Quicken, ... > I had already deselected it in Quicken, with no effect on Startup. ... >> a freeware utility that will remove it for you. ... >> Hope this helps..Reply in newsgroup only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)