Re: Tweakui for W2K?

David Webb wrote:
The TweakUI utility for Windows 2000 can be downloaded from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

"ms" <ms@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4chppiF155sdjU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| I ran the install for the Tweaku for XP in W2K, and it would not install.
|
| What version of Tweakui works for W2K? A URL, please?
|
| TIA

Thanks, it works fine and solved several of my questions to clean up the default W2K install.

  • Re: SP2 download?
    ... > needed, install everything, before exposing the PC to the wild. ... Slipstream SP2 into the XP CD and then install from it. ... Once you make your new CD and use it to clean install the machine - clean it ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: old xp home computers
    ... > clean install ....i hope. ... utilities on the Internet for the type of BIOS you have. ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: Starting over
    ... Unless you learn to clean it and properly maintain it - welcome to the cycle ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... performing a full install of the operating system and all applications. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp in infected drive.
    ... First - why not clean it? ... Burn a free AntiVirus application to CD (I like Avast! ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... that most home users disable it! ...
  • Re: Need help saving computer
    ... > I am trying to clean up and fix my cousin's girlfriend's computer. ... > This machine is a Dell Dimension with an OEM install of XP Home. ... Post-SP2 Windows Firewall Information/guidance: ... How to Manually Uninstall Norton: ...