Re: 16-bit application permission error

Steve Parry wrote:
lselva76@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
hi,
i got the error when execute the .com ro 16-bit exe files

c:\windows\system32\..........\----.com is a 16-bit application. you do
not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications.check your
permissions with your system administrator.

any one give the solutions,
thanks in advance,

start
run
gpedit.msc
click OK
<Group Policy Editor opens>

navigate to

Computer Configuration
Administrative Templates
Windows Components
Application Compatibility
Prevent access to 16 bit applications.

This needs to be disabled or set to Not Configured to be able to access 16
bit apps

Also make sure you have the following files on your PC

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
c:\windows\system32\config.nt

If you don't have them, then copy those files from a working computer,
they're not machine specific in most cases, although a some programs add
their own lines to them.

If you don't have one or both of those files you can have problems
accessing 16-bit subsystems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305521/

edit
c:\winnt\system32\autoexec.nt
c:\winnt\system32\config.nt

--
Steve Parry BA(Hons) MCP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

  • Re: 16-bit application permission error
    ... not have permissions to execute 16-bit applications.check your ... permissions with your system administrator. ... Computer Configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Solaris 10 autofs directory permissions - Solution
    ... the fact that my map file has 755 permissions not 644. ... If the execute permission is set, it becomes an executable map which is ... map is expected to return the content of an automounter map ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Rights to execute jobs?
    ... Does anyone know if the rules surrounding stored procedure permissions apply ... Does this apply to a proc calling sp_start_job so that I ... raise the alert, so it could be anyone on the server. ... is that a group needs to not be an admin but still be able to execute ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Who buys/uses BASIC?
    ... I am talking about file permissions. ... It is possible to have execute permission without read. ... this with a script, because the script must be readable ... As far as I know, an interpreted bytecoded program is a script, from the point ...
    (comp.lang.basic.misc)
  • Re: Newbie
    ... I will now tell you some basic commands. ... Easy file has rights and a owner. ... file and who may execute it. ... The last three characters are about the permissions of user ...
    (alt.linux)